A selection of our work is shown below as an illustration of how we help businesses like yours and individuals like you to achieve their goals.
To find out more, and to arrange a free one hour discussion on your business needs, please contact us on 01449 711626 / 07847 424269 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Innovative natural ventilation and natural lighting systems company
• Coaching, supporting and mentoring MD and executive board members.
• Advising on strategic business issues; marketing, sales, international business development and R&D strategy.
• Recruitment of new members of executive team.
• Liaising between subsidiary company and parent.
Professional business services agency
• Guided owner and his management team through a business growth, organisational development and financial restructuring programme to prepare the business for eventual transfer of ownership to the management team and exit by the owner.
• Helped the owner/MD of a regional construction business to find new strategic direction and profitable growth despite intense competition.
• Direct advice was complemented and made more successful by giving the owner a new approach to business development.
• He now has a greater awareness of the benefits his business brings to clients – and focuses on expressing these benefits in terms that are relevant and compelling for them.
Software development company
• Helped a consumer software developer achieve record growth and break into new markets by giving structure and constructively challenging their business plan.
• Produced living and clear action plans by leading planning meetings on new product development, marketing planning and organisational development.
Global manufacturer and distributor of specialised flooring and walling products
• Developed and led implementation of strategies to reposition brand via marketing and culture change programme - sustaining premium positioning and achieving a consistent 45-50% price premium over competitors in a mature and increasingly commoditised market.
• Used involvement and communication to generate companywide staff engagement and momentum across international multi-site operations and cultural boundaries.
• Coached regional MDs in international subsidiaries to develop and deliver on challenging business plans.
• Mentored North American MD in delivering a 50% increase in core product sales and converting £200k loss into £770k positive contribution within three years.
• Introduced Key marketing metrics, CRM, CMS and Demand Generation concepts – to support segmentation and to drive and coordinate marketing and sales activity.
• Developed and implemented a new pricing strategy that added £600k to gross margins and enhanced business efficiency.
• Created new market category through customer focused NPD that grew to £3.5m sales within three years.
• Established and promoted an industry leading sustainability agenda incorporating significant technical and process innovation.
• Result - Increased sales revenues by 51% and doubled pre tax profits to £11m over a three year period.
Major building and civils contractor
• Enhanced sales and marketing productivity with strategy review and by leading implementation across regional business structure and sector specialisations.
• Worked with regional MDs and parent group company to set and coordinate PR, website, marketing communications and sustainability policies.
• Introduced new business development culture – including strategic planning concepts, marketing techniques, KPIs, technology (enhanced CRM) and staff recruitment profile - to support delivery of new strategies.
• Result - Enhanced company profile and 75% increase in turnover to £290m in two years despite major industry recession.
Corporate finance practitioners
• Specialist client advisor and consultant.
• Maximising shareholder returns through a strategically managed and tailored approach to company sales.
Charitable Incorporated Organisation
• Setting up a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) to address the issue of disabling hearing loss in the 3rd world.
• Working with field charities and NGOs to commercialise an innovative product design concept to be manufactured and supplied by the CIO.
Major magazine and catalogue printer
• Originated and progressed new business concepts through family board – generating step change revenue growth and profitability.
• Strategic review of business development activity:
• Focus on higher added value/margin products, services and accounts.
• Instigated customer focused basis for multi million pound capital investment programmes to add high tech, high value offerings to existing high volume, low value manufactured products.
• Mentored sales team to deliver success in new business areas and international markets whilst defending market presence in existing sectors.
• Result - 55% growth in net profits.
High street retailer
• Brought together two retail companies with very different cultures and business models to create a successful regional enterprise.
• Created strategies which integrated the two workforces and implemented training programmes which helped create a team approach to meeting new strategic and tactical objectives.
• Delivered culture change by addressing a reactive management style and allowing branch managers the authority to make decisions through the implementation of real delegation.
• Created a bottom up communication strategy to feed customer needs and preferences towards strategy creators within the organisation.
Self adhesive products manufacturer
• Strategic planning and turnaround of an unprofitable self adhesive products business. Converted £200k loss to £320k profit in eighteen months by arresting drift and giving direction to a previously unfocused operation.
• Introduced objective based management and Continuous Improvement practices at all levels.
• Realised synergies from strategic acquisitions in complementary business areas.
Packaging inks and coatings manufacturer.
• Strategic planning and execution of culture change and systems to facilitate restructuring.
• Planned and successfully implemented a restructuring programme involving a 25% reduction in headcount with no loss of customer service or volume throughput.
• Changed company culture to embrace up to the minute logistics and customer service concepts – leading to a 25% reduction in working capital requirement.
Retail and trade paints and industrial coatings manufacturer
• Created marketing and manufacturing operations strategy to address issues and support major growth that followed two key acquisitions.